Download BANN's 2018-2019 Legislative Policy Manual HERE
Political involvement and issue advocacy are some of BANN’s priorities, and our efforts on behalf of our members have helped to ensure a successful building and business climate in northern Nevada.
Your membership gives you and your company a stronger voice by representing your interests at local, state and national levels of government. Join BANN and add your voice to the strength we provide to defeat excessive regulations and fees.
BANN and its membership also enjoy the support of a well-respected parent organization, the National Association of Home Builders based in Washington, D.C. Members benefit from the strength of NAHB’s brand providing credibility with consumers, and reliability in service.
NAHB works with lawmakers on Capitol Hill to craft regulatory and legislative policies that are fair to our industry and keep members informed on what to expect and how to respond to the proposals affecting the building industry.
In 2011, NAHB efforts saved our industry $1.7 billion in regulatory costs.
BANN’s additional political efforts include:
- Candidate interviews and endorsements to ensure housing-friendly committees
- Political education and contributions through our PAC
- Full-time city, county and state representation during legislative sessions
- Representation and testimony before local and state governing bodies
- Interaction and involvement with local and state agencies: Contractor’s Board, PSC, Tax Commission, State Board of Health, RTC and TMRPGB, to name a few
- Involvement with pro-business coalitions
- Voter registration drives and voter identification
- Grassroots lobbying efforts and initiative and bond monitoring and involvement